All received articles by the “BULLETIN of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Historical sciences. Philosophy. Religion Series" journal editors are required anonymous peer-review. Based on the received reviews, the editorial board makes a final decision.
Articles review procedure:
1. The article sent by the author is submitted to the journal editors. The specialist of the scientific publications Department responsible for the journal (editorial office) - the journal manager - checks the article for compliance with technical requirements. The author sends the article and a cover letter to the editors of the journal about the independent nature of the submitted article, agreement to checking the article for plagiarism and granting exclusive rights to the publisher.
2. The journal manager checks the article for unique with the automatic plagiarism check system. According to the results, a brief electronic verification report is unloaded. If the percentage of originality is below the established limit, then the article is not accepted for consideration for publication in the journal.
3. Then, the journal manager sends the article to the Chief editor /deputy of Chief editor. The Chief editor /deputy of Chief editor reviews the article for compliance with the journal topics. In the event of incompatibility, the editorial office sends the author a letter explaining the refusal of publication. On average, the initial review of the article takes 10 days.
4. Further, the Chief editor / deputy of Chief editor identifies reviewers for each article that has passed the initial review.
5. After this, the editor’s specialist submits the article with a brief electronic verification report to the reviewer in order to determine the possibility of publishing the article in a journal.
6. The journal uses “double-blind review” procedure, when the editors do not disclose the names of reviewers and authors. The reviewer provides a substantiated review of the article to the journal editors, including the relevance of the topic being studied, the contribution of the author to the scientific field, the level of the results obtained. All reviews contain a recommendation to publish an article (with or without modifications) or refuse to publish. All reviews come to the editorial office.
7. Further, the specialist of the editorial Department sends the reviews to the Chief editor / deputy of Chief editor.
8. In case of receipt of a review for revision with the consent of the Chief editor / deputy of Chief editor and responsible for the article member of the editorial board, the journal manager sends the review to the author with the note “the article should be elaborated according to the reviewer's comments”. In this case, the author must submit a revised version of the article within two weeks.
9. All materials on the article (reviews, plagiarism report) are submitted to the editorial board meeting. The decision on the possibility of publishing an article in the journal is made by the editorial board of the journal on the basis of peer-reviews. Articles that have received a negative review are not accepted for reconsideration. On average, the decision on the publication is made within 6 months.
10. All reviews and the decision of the editorial board for the article are sent to the author, who submitted the article. The publication is carried out in the order of the general queue as soon as the material is ready. The editors have the right to form a queue in accordance with the headings of upcoming issues.
The policy on publication of the journal “BULLETIN of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Historical sciences. Philosophy. Religion Series” focuses on the traditional ethical principles of scientific periodicals, set out in the Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics (Committee on Publication Ethics: COPE).
Submission of articles to the scientific publication office means the authors' consent to the right of the Publisher, L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, to publish articles in the journal and the re-publication of it in any foreign language. Submitting the text of the work for publication in the journal, the author guarantees the correctness of all information about himself, the lack of plagiarism and other forms of improper borrowing in the article, the proper formulation of all borrowings of text, tables, diagrams, illustrations.
The author(s) should submit a cover letter along with the article to the Editorial Board.
The author(s) should provide a cover letter with the article to the journal editors.
Requirements for provided articles. The article
must be issued according to the requirements of the editorial board,
at the time of sending the article should not be published or be pending in another edition
must contain original research results,
must include the results only of the author work / team of authors (the inclusion of other persons is unacceptable). It is assumed that at the time of sending the article, all authors agree with the publication in this journal and do not object to the order of indication of the authors in the article,
• should include in the list of citations only those peer-reviewed sources that were actually used in the course of the study,
• should indicate all sources used (including the work of the author / team of authors).
All articles received for review must be viewed as a confidential document. A peer reviewer has no right to use unpublished article materials on his own research. The reviewer can re-send material to the third person only with the permission of the Chief editor,
According to the journal review policy, the journal uses “double-blind review” procedure.
The reviewer needs to submit an objective work assessment to the editor, if necessary, suggest options for improving the submitted material.
The reviewer must refuse to review the material, notifying the editor if he/she is not a specialist in the subject matter of the material.
Chief editor and members of the editorial board undertake
to work on the expansion of the geographical diversity of authors, to invite for publication specialists working in different organizations and countries,
pay special attention to the qualitative composition of articles
• participate in meetings of the journal editorial board, make decisions on determining the content of journal issues.
- identifies reviewers (scientists or specialists in the relevant field) for each received article that has passed the initial selection for compliance with technical requirements
- to determine the content of the current issue, makes the final decision on the publication of the submitted manuscript based on the reviewers' feedback and discussion of the manuscript at the meeting of the Editorial Board.
The editorial office deals directly with the authors of articles and does not work with agencies to provide services to authors for the publication of their research results.
The editorial office is obliged to make decisions as soon as possible when unethical behavior of authors, editors and reviewers is detected. Unethical behavior of authors includes falsification of the composition of authors, publication of pseudoscientific texts, their falsification and fabrication, manipulation of citations, unauthorized borrowing (plagiarism), parallel submission of material to other publications.
If unethical behavior of the author(s) is detected in the process of reviewing a manuscript or its pre-printing preparation, the editorial office has the right to withdraw the manuscript from further review and terminate cooperation with the author. In the case of unethical behavior of the author after the publication of his/her article (detection of parallel publication, copyright violation, plagiarism, etc.) the editorial office has the right to decide to retract the article from the journal site and from the archive and scientific indexing databases, notifying other journals (in which the article has been published in the same period) about the unethical behavior of the author(s). The editorial office undertakes not to make unjustified decisions to cancel the publication (retraction), unless significant problems are found in connection with their publication (unethical behavior of the author, errors, etc.).
The unethical behavior of the reviewers and editors of a journal includes the submission of texts of articles to other journals without the agreement of the authors, the submission of articles by authors to third parties, the violation of copyright, the principle of confidentiality of editorial processes, and the support of articles due to interests due to competitive, collaborative, and other interactions and relationships with authors and organizations associated with a manuscript.
In the case of complaints concerning reviewed manuscripts or published material, the editorial office undertakes to respond adequately: first, the author of the article is asked for clarification. An investigation is carried out only in the case of an unsatisfactory response from the author.
Potential situations of ethical behavior violations of authors, editors and reviewers not mentioned above will be resolved on the basis of the Committee on Publication Ethics (Committee on Publication Ethics: COPE, Promoting integrity in scholarly research and its publication | COPE: Committee on Publication Ethics).
The editorial office makes it possible for the Editor-in-Chief, members of the Editorial Board and the Editorial Council and reviewers to publish articles in the journal, but they are not allowed to use their privileges. All articles, including articles of responsible editors of special issues, also undergo a reviewing procedure and are considered at the meeting of the Editorial Board of the journal.
In the case of detection of errors (misprints in formulas, in indicators due to technical reasons) in published articles, information about the corrections can be placed in subsequent issues.